Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Need a break

Do you ever have days that just make you want to become a hermit? I had one for most of yesterday. Thank God for Him and Bible study. And good friends, co-workers, and family. If any of you facebook stalk me (and I know you do!), you may have seen that I will be moving to ANOTHER JOB. You might be thinking, "Didn't you just change jobs?" Yes, you would be correct. It's a long, frustrating story that I won't get into. Suffice to say I've been going a million miles since Chip's wedding, and it's time for a break.

So I had an epiphany today. I realized I need a mini-retreat. It doesn't have to be anything over the top, but I did establish a few things.

1) I am not staying at my own home. There are too many distractions, and I would end up feeling restless. I need a slight change of scenery.

2) I need to be by myself and just relax.

3) It would just be Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.

So I decided to look into some hotels and see what I came up with. I narrowed the search down to Waikiki, simply because I have to pick something up there on Saturday. Also, even though it's crowded and full of tourists, it's beautiful. Most of the nicest places are there, so it was a natural progression. Unfortunately, it's expensive. But it's just one night and it's in the interest of my sanity, so there you go!

When I went to Maui, I stayed at the Westin and LOVED it. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, gorgeous views--pretty much the nicest hotel I've been to. We do have a Westin here, but it's kind of expensive (starting at $315!), so I looked to their cheaper sister hotel, the Sheraton Waikiki. Thank goodness for military rates! It's still expensive, but it's much more manageable. And I have a king-size bed in an oceanfront room.

So the plan is to go down on Friday afternoon, hang out at the pool, chill in my room, SLEEP IN, and just relax. I'm going to bring my Bible, a book, some magazines, and my iPod. Just time for me to reflect, relax, and recover from the busyness and stress of it all. And then I'll come back home and take on the rest of the weekend. Let's hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment