Friday, June 12, 2009

Anticipation

Hilary will be here Thursday!  I'm so excited.  We started to plan her visit here, and we decided that we're going skydiving.  I know, I know, I sound crazy.  So out of character for me.  But I only live once, right?

Also, it's a month until Josh and Katie's wedding!  It's been half a year since I've been in Virginia and even longer than that since I've seen a lot of my friends who will be there.  I'm super pumped.  I'm working on making a list of the things I absolutely must do.  So far they include:

South Street
Oakencroft/King Family/Veritas
Photo Shoot on the Lawn
Sticks
Sugar Hollow (I never went at school!)
Humpback!
Bodos
Arch's
Splendora
C'ville Coffee

I know there are more things, but that's all I can remember for right now.  Any other suggestions?


4 comments:

  1. How much time do you have? During our 48 hrs in CVille, we struggled to fit in even our top picks...probably because most involved food and we could only eat so much. Here are some suggestions, in no particular order, to add to your list:

    + Main Street Market. Go to Feast! and buy hummus. It's so garlicky and delicious, this is the hummus that finally convinced Will that "hey hummus isn't so gross after all." Just don't plan on getting close to anyone for awhile afterwards. The hummus goes well with pita chips (also sold at Feast!) or a baguette from ABC (just around the corner in the market). While you're at Feast!, pick up a 'Buy Fresh Buy Local Charlottesville' reuseable, compactable shopping bag. They're like $5. And awesome. And they support the local food project I spent 2 summers working on. :o)

    +Dinner at The Shebeen. Needs no explanation.

    +Will says Villa for Wahoo Pizza & Wahoo Pancakes. I'll let you decide on that one.

    +Pick up a sandwhich from the Bel Air Market (Exxon Gas Station on Ivy Road near the Boar's Head) An excellent pre-wine tasting
    lunch.

    +Apparently they're opening an Anthropologie in the Hollywood Video space at Barracks...

    +Dude, you should have a picnic on The Lawn as well.

    +Spudnuts!

    +Oh yeah go back to Main Street Market and buy chocolates from Gearhearts. You won't be disappointed.

    I'm sure I'll come up with more, but that's it for now. One of the best things about Cville, which we realised over Christmas, is that you always discover something new every time you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love you, and I hope you are doing excellently. I say get cold coffee drinks and sit out in the Gardens with a book. One of the all-time faves. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will experience c'ville vicariously through you. Let me know what you & Hilary's plans are -- I'll be pretty busy getting ready to head to Atlanta for the wedding but maybe I can catch you all at the beach one day!

    ps: you just left my house. I don't know why Cath and I are still up (and I am checking blogs instead of getting in bed).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie--it's up in the air because it just depends on how I'm getting back and forth from Springfield and C'ville. I know I'm trying to pack a lot into a few short days! Thanks for those suggestions!

    Jennani--I will definitely saunter through the Gardens! I love and miss you too!

    Meredith--Totally had fun with you and Catherine! We definitely need to make those margaritas again. :) I'll fill you in with our beach plans. Maybe we should go snorkeling at Electric Beach!

    ReplyDelete