Saturday, June 20, 2009

Skydive Hawaii

Skydiving is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced in my life.  I'm not kidding!  Last week Hilary and I were talking about what we should do when she came out here, and she mentioned maybe wanting to skydive.  Now, being afraid of heights, this never appealed to me I've been considering it since Chip came out here, although we didn't get around to it while he was on island.  But I just figured, why not?

So Hilary, Amie, and I went skydiving this morning.  I was definitely a little nervous, but I knew that I would love it after the first five seconds out of the plane.  Wrong.  I loved it the second we were out!  We went down headfirst, which is apparently unique.  Richard, my instructor, basically made me stay in the fetal position until the first part of the 'chute deployed (probably to keep me from hitting it or something).  After that, I got to spread my arms.  So so cool!  And once the chute fully deployed, we twirled downward, with the most amazing view.  We landed perfectly, and I was so pumped.  Hilary and Amie both loved it too!  We all can't believe that we did it!  Below I added a few of my favorite pictures from the experience.  :)


Hilary's cameraman got this one of me.  Such a cool view!  (See how we're upside down?)

 
My arms are free, so what better time to shaka?



I couldn't believe I had just done that!

I would so go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment