Wednesday, July 15, 2009

There and Back Again

Time at home never seems to be long enough these days...

Yesterday I got back from a week in Virginia.  In reality, it was 5 full days plus a little change.  Of course, only 5 days, three of which were devoted to wedding stuff, just weren't enough.  I still wish I had seen more people and done more.  But I'm so happy I had the opportunity to help with the wedding (and be in it).  I was so blessed by everyone I saw there too.  Here's a basic recap of each day.

Tuesday: Travel to Virginia.  Arrive in Dulles, where Jonathan picked me up.  Quick dinner with Allyson at Chipotle, then down to the Lake to see my family.

Wednesday: Slept in way later than I intended, then got up for a dip in my granddad's pool.  It was awesome.  Lunch at Sticks, then headed over to Shout!House to pick up Stacey.  Saw a few friends there, then the two of us headed to King Family for a little date of our own.  Back to my family's that night.

Thursday: Failed attempt at peach picking at Carter's Mountain.  Visit to their tasting room instead.  Was glad I spent good time with friends.  Jonathan and I headed to the bookstore, where I bought a few things and had my most awkward encounter with a sales clerk ever.  I made him stutter so badly he couldn't speak.  Then we walked on the Lawn briefly before linking up with Josh to head to the reception site for set up.  Helped with that effort and saw tons of friends in the process.

Friday: After only an hour of sleep, Jonathan and I attempted a sunrise hike.  We achieved the hike, just not the sunrise.  It was a fun hike and beautiful up there as always.  However it rained on us and the sun didn't make it's picturesque entrance like we expected.  Another two hours of sleep afterwards, then we headed in to do some final wedding prep.  Quick pedicure with Mary before the rehearsal, which was awesome.  I saw so many friends!  

Saturday: WEDDING DAY!  Haircut at 9, then church at 10 to get ready.  I was done pretty quickly, but I did what I could to help everyone else out.  My most significant achievement was that I taught three friends how to use an eyelash curler!  Haha.  We took pictures around 2, and the wedding was at 4.  It was beautiful--and so was Katie!  The reception followed, and I had so much fun dancing and catching up with friends.  Spent some QT with Busi, and we headed to South Street with more friends after.

Sunday: Dad picked me up, and we went North to Belvoir.  Dinner in Old Town Alexandria with the family.

Monday: QT with Steph and the bff.

Tuesday: Left way too early after a night with too little sleep.

Overall, it was a good trip home.  I just wish I were still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment