Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sailing!

Yesterday I had my first sailing experience. It was wonderful. Kaki, a former PL and my friend, lives on a boat at Ko'Olina. (She and her husband decided it would be more fun that renting or buying on island.) So she invited the 25th TC leaders to sail and cook out. So we turned it into a Company Hail and Farewell, since she and our maintenance tech left 25.

We went out for about an hour. Everyone who wanted to got the chance to help out--steering, throwing lines, raising the main, etc. I steered for a while. Oh yeah, dolphins were also chasing the boat, and one jumped out of the water about 10 feet from where I was sitting. So cool.

After sailing, we cooked out and had our little farewell ceremony. I'm definitely thankful for the people I've been blessed to work with at my first assignment. Below are some pictures from the evening. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment