More than one post a week? After not posting anything for months? I know, I know. I'm blowing your minds. All two of you. (Actually, a number of you own up to reading my blog, and yet no one--except Meredith R--ever leaves comments. Comments make me happy, so you should consider adding one for flavor every now and then.)
Anyway, I thought tonight's event was post-worthy. Before my sweet friend Ashley departed the island for the mainland, she bequeathed this little beauty to me--
Anyway, I got it the night I left for Texas, so naturally it's just been sitting in my house looking pretty. (And it IS very pretty.) So tonight I looked at it and thought, "Why not?" So I threw on my sweet new kicks...
and took Lola for a little ride around the block. And when I say a little ride I mean about 2 miles. And I actually wanted to keep going. But it was dark and my inaugural ride, so I headed home.
The whole time I was out there, I had a perma-smile on my face. And I was thinking to myself, "Why did it take me so long to get a bike?" Probably because, as a runner and a driver, I view cyclists as the people who hog both roads and sidewalks. On roads they go too slowly, and on sidewalks they almost run you over, those speed-demons. So not having ridden in years and my aversion to cyclists as a runner/driver kept me at bay. No longer. I'm envisioning many years of relaxing evening rides and trips to the Farmer's Market.
I just hope I don't become the cyclist who hogs the roads or almost runs you over while you're running. If I do, forgive me once you get on a bike and see what you've been missing.
I am feeling hurt by this post. As a runner/driver/cyclist, I am very conscientious of others while biking. Maybe I should rethink the whole coming to Hawaii thing.
ReplyDelete(or maybe not. 2 days!)
I love the new bike - and thanks for the shout out!!!
ReplyDelete