Monday, June 20, 2011

Texas

I'm finally leaving Texas tomorrow. Going back to Hawaii is thrilling at this point. But the last 24 hours actually have been pretty decent. Yesterday I got to see my dear friend Colleen for the last time of this trip. It was so refreshing to spend some good one-on-one time with her. We have a great connection, and I am just so glad we got to see each other again after nearly 3 years. On top of that, the sunset last night was beautiful

Today we didn't have to go in to work. As in I got to sleep in and wear civvies all day. I got 5 extra hours of sleep (AMAZING). We had a mandatory fun day out at Belton Lake. Now, I was expecting it to be a nasty little brown lake. Imagine my surprise (and delight) when it turned out to be a huge, beautiful blue-green lake. Unfortunately the paddle boats were out of commission for the day (sadface), but I had a great time hanging out with my girl Christel. We swam in the lake and hit the water slides, which were really fun.
Tonight after we got back and showered, I headed out to Texas Land and Cattle for dinner with some of the guys. That place is delicious and cheap. They cooked my steak well done instead of medium, so they gave me free dessert. I had a delicious peach bread pudding.
After dinner we saw The Green Lantern. It was pretty cheesy, but comic books aren't really my thing anyway. All in all, it was a good day. And tomorrow will be great because I'm Hawaii bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment