Saturday, October 1, 2011

Alaska

Okay.  I know it's been a month since I went to Alaska, but it's been super busy.  So, here's a few pictures to illustrate some of the things we did.

First of all, there are moose antlers EVERYWHERE.  This shot is in the Alaska Zoo (the only place I actually saw any wildlife).
 We spent time in Fairbanks (the interior), Anchorage (the "big city"), and Seward (the coast).  I was so excited to see the coast, hoping to see some sea lions and other marine life.  But the day we headed down to Seward, it rained BUCKETS.  In Seward, we went to the Sea Life Center.
 On my last day in Alaska, we checked out the Chena Resort, which included hot springs and an ice museum, complete with ice bar.

 Overall, it was a great trip.  Alaska is absolutely beautiful, and I would love to take another trip there sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment