So I mentioned recently that I read a few design blogs for fun. Well, the author of A Beach Cottage has been posting stories under the "Dell from Hell" title, and I can totally relate on a number of levels. First off, I had my own Dell from Hell in college and spent approximately 100 hours (not joking) on the phone with customer service trying to get it fixed on numerous occasions. (And I will NEVER buy a Dell again!) Well, now my issue is not a computer (thanks to my glorious MacBook) but my TOILET. Oh yes, boys and girls, it has been a month since I've had a working toilet. After 3 plumbers evaluated it, the owners (who live in Japan) gave the okay for me to get a new one. Sounds simple, right? Call the plumber, schedule a time, get a new toilet?
Not so much. My landlady/realtor/property manager has been calling plumbing companies who apparently think that 1) I don't need a functioning toilet anytime soon and 2) they don't need my business. They have promised over and over again to call me, but I haven't spoken with a single one of them. It was supposed to happen tomorrow or Saturday, and now I'm getting pessimistic. She is going to call the plumber's cell phone (since the office people aren't so helpful), but who knows when we'll hear back.
This is just ridiculous. I'm not sure which is worse. Jersey Shore-like Soldier drama or plumber-toilet drama. Thoughts?
how have you been going to the restroom? that is my only thought. that, and maybe we should get together sometime.
ReplyDeleteHaha. I'm really good at holding it and using public restrooms. Also my next door neighbor lent me her spare key! I agree. Let's do something soon. PS Matt changed his plans and is coming today!
ReplyDelete