So this post is a little overdue. This week has been hectic. The new company...well I won't even go there yet.
Monday I celebrated Memorial Day with an Oahu tradition. My friend Paula and I headed to Honolulu for the Memorial Day Lantern Floating. I'm not entirely sure why it's done, but it's cool. Basically they have this ceremony where they release lit lanterns on a little boat/platform into the ocean.
Saturday Paula gave me the heads up that she wasn't feeling too well. Being a nurse, she had an inkling she new the diagnosis...strep. Well, turns out she was right, but she got a shot to speed up her recovery. And since we weren't going to be swapping spit, we figured I'd be safe. To be extra cautious, she wore this sweet mask while we were driving. (Don't worry, it was only about 10 minutes!)
The ceremony took place at Sand Island. Since I almost never go to Honolulu/Waikiki (especially for the beaches), this was a new beach to me. I gotta say, I was loving the scenery. Here I am "Vanna White-ing" Diamond Head.
Here's a shot of the scenery once the ceremony was complete. Lanterns afloat and cameras galore. Pictures don't really do it justice. It was so beautiful.
So I got to add another Hawaii experience to the list. Hope y'all enjoyed your Memorial Day and thanked someone who has served or is serving today!

No comments:
Post a Comment