Sunday, June 6, 2010

Polo

Now that I'm staying in Hawaii for my entire 3-year tour, I've realized I need to get back into the swing of doing fun, Hawaiian things. I'm working on re-building the Oahu Bucket List. Also I'm just working on enjoying the things I know I like. Polo is a good example.

The spring and summer months brings Sunday polo matches. I've been once, and today went again with a rather large group. It's only about a ten minute drive from where I live. The polo field is right down the road from the skydiving airfield, and at the halfway mark skydivers jump onto the field. It's also right on the beach. Apparently they have a big party afterwards, with a live band and all, but I haven't stayed long enough to experience that yet.

To top it all off, we ended the day with shave ice and Haleiwa Eats. Did I mention that we were celebrating my friend Paula's birthday? A just about perfect Sunday afternoon!

Anyway, I also remembered to bring my camera today, so here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment