Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rum Fire


Friday night I had plans for dinner and karaoke with friends at the Shore Bird. Sadly, it was all booked during the dinner timeframe, so we decided to go elsewhere. Ryan picked Rum Fire, which had a great atmosphere (and was RIGHT on the beach in Waikiki). The food was decent, but the portions were tiny and it was pricey. We still had fun, of course. But I'm really looking forward to our planned Shore Bird evening in a few weeks. And I'll make sure we have reservations as early as possible.



Today we hiked Makapu'u Lighthouse, although I didn't take a single picture. Allison and JJ brought their sweet and absolutely adorable puppy, Stryker. He's still a little guy (probably about 3 months), so he didn't make it all the way. I carried him for a good 20 minutes altogether. It's no joke a good workout! After the hike, we grabbed lunch, then I headed in to Kailua to read and enjoy some chai. I also browsed some stores, then I met my cousin, Graeme at Kaneohe. I had dinner with him, his lovely wife Crystal and their son James. Overall, it was a great day.

Tomorrow after church I'm hitting up the Haleiwa Art Festival, and then in the evening, my good friend gets home from Iraq!! Can't wait!!

1 comment: