Sunday, July 11, 2010

Seven Eleven

I heard a study recently that shows that people who are grateful live longer, healthier lives. Turns out, when you are more focused on your blessings, the hardships don't seem so bad.

I'm going to continue my trend from yesterday in the things that make me happy line. Comments on blog posts are the first thing. :) Second, is that today, 11 July 2010, is 7/11. Free Slurpee Day. Oh yes boys and girls. 7.11 ounces of free, sweet goodness at your local 7-11 convenience store. If you haven't gone yet, go now. As fast as your feet will carry you!
Next would be the delicious fresh fruit I got at the commissary. Watermelon is the quintessential summer fruit. So yummy! Peaches remind me of home, so even though I'm "stuck" in Hawaii, enjoying the mild 80 degree weather, I get to feel like I'm back in Virginia. Fighting off the buckets of sweat from 100 degree weather with 99% humidity. Don't let my sarcasm fool you, I truly am jealous of those of you lucky enough to live in the Commonwealth.
Finally, today is my dear friends' first wedding anniversary. Just a year ago I was in Charlottesville celebrating the Moran's special day with them and a ton of my best friends. We had such a great wedding party! Here are a few of my favorite photos that the professional took.
This is my favorite of the girls. Katie had such a huge bridal party--the girls who meant so much to her throughout the years, who are also fun enough to do jumping pictures...over and over again. It's still the background on my MacBook a year later!
So happy one year anniversary to Katie and Josh! I'm so blessed to have them as amazing friends in my life. This month they will be welcoming their precious baby girl, Emma, to the world. May God bless your little family! Love you guys so much!

Make sure to leave some love, especially about something that made you happy recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment