Friday, January 14, 2011

The Weather

The winter is our rainy season here in Hawaii. Now, don't get me wrong. It's no monsoon season. But it rains almost every day in the winter out here. However, this year I felt like we went through a few monsoons...

The first crazy weather we had was right before I left. It was the first time I ever saw lightning out here. Lots of rain, lots of wind, frequent power outages. Resulted in me never getting to go to the beach on the weekend.

This week was even crazier. The rain just came down in sheets. Absolute torrents. With the wind to accompany it. Plus, we had flash flooding. I had to drive through a huge puddle (read: pond) on the main road to my house twice, and each time I was very grateful that my little car made it through.

Yesterday looked like the weather would just keep on. Which was a huge bummer since it's a four day weekend, and I'm taking an impromptu trip to Kauai. Fortunately, around 3 the sun came out. And it stayed around since then.

So here's to hoping the weather stays nice so we can enjoy Kauai this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment