Monday, March 28, 2011

Operation World

Alright, I'm going to stray from the usual updates on my adventures in life and talk about what God is working in my heart. For anyone who doesn't know, I am passionately involved in the Navigator's Military Ministry at Schofield Barracks. At UVA, I was just as involved (if not more so) in Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship. I have given my life to my Lord Jesus Christ, and I seek to serve Him with my whole life.

One of the most important things in my Christian walk is prayer. It is something I love but often struggle with due to my million-mile-a-minute brain that distracts me. Corporate prayer--praying with others--is hugely beneficial to me. Sunday morning before the chapel service, I meet with a group of friends from Navs to pray. We have a different focus each week, and I thought it would be good to pray for the world this Sunday. As we were praying, I had a thought. How cool would it be to pray for every nation in the world? Each day, I would do a little research on one nation, then pray for God to move there.

So I googled "praying for the world" and found Operation World. They have all sorts of resources for praying for every country in the world. So I'm using that to help me pray through every country in the world--over 200 in total.

I'm going alphabetically, and I started with Afghanistan today. This is something that you could start anytime, and I hope you will consider partnering with me in lifting up the WHOLE world to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment