The trip has been great. One of the tough things about visiting Virginia is I sometimes feel overwhelmed, trying to see EVERYONE. This time around I am spending barely 36 hours in my home state, so seeing people isn't really an option. However, so much of my family was up in New York for the wedding, so it was awesome getting to spend time with them.
I haven't seen most of my family in about a year. I haven't seen Mary's side of the family in almost two years, with one exception. And I hadn't seen my Aunt Debbie, Uncle Andy, Katie and Megan in almost NINE years! (And had yet to meet Katie's husband, Tom.) So it was really sweet getting to see all of them! I even got to catch up with some old friends and get to know some of Chip's old friends too.
The wedding was beautiful. The ceremony was held in the West Point Cadet Chapel, and it really was gorgeous and Christ-centered. I was one of the saber bearers (that means one of the people making the sword arch for the couple to walk under.) The reception was fun, with great food, and Susan did an awesome job assigning people to their tables. Everyone clearly had a great time, which made it even easier for Chip and Susan to enjoy their day.
The one epic fail: I didn't take a SINGLE picture! I just kept forgetting to grab my camera! Fortunately my Aunt Debbie took a ton, and she's going to put the pictures (and videos of the crazy cousins dancing) on a disk and send it to me. So this is part one of Chip and Susan's wedding post. Part two will be a picture post.
No comments:
Post a Comment