So today at work we got some sad news. Our XO (executive officer, aka commander's right hand man) found out that he's deploying to Afghanistan before the end of the month. He's been jerked around from unit to unit ever since he got here last year. So it sucks for him, plus he wanted to deploy with our company. Then we found out one of my classmates from T-school is coming to our company. CPT Henry doesn't want to put him in as XO, but he isn't going to decide WHO is going to be XO until after NTC. AKA October!
I have a feeling it's going to be me. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'd get a lot of good experience and see a whole different side of things. On the other hand, I love my Soldiers and want to deploy as their leader.
Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment