Sunday, August 9, 2009

Missing the Mainland

So this is kind of random.  And right after another post.  I forget about the seasons when I'm here in Hawaii.  I got here in the Winter and now Fall is right around the corner.  People always ask if there are discernable seasons here, and the answer is kinda.  The Winter is cooler and more rainy.  The summer is drier and hotter, but the temperatures only fluctuate about 20 degrees.  Not that much compared to back home.

So what reminded me of the seasons?  Clothes!  When I got here, stores were getting their spring/summer lines in.  Now they are getting their Fall lines in stock.  I don't really understand why they carry them.  Haha.  I mean, unless the weather is going to change by about 30 degrees, they aren't really needed.  We'll see, I guess.

The bottom line is that I miss seasons.  Fall and Spring are my favorite--especially in Virginia.  And I love the clothes that go with those seasons.  I miss Fall clothes shopping!  I really want to buy all these Fall clothes, but I have no reason too.  Haha.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh ME TOO! I think it might be an island thing; the temperature only fluctuates about 20 degrees here as well. I think you've got the better end of the deal though. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto -- I do feel nostalgic about fall clothes.

    ReplyDelete