Friday, October 2, 2009

To NTC and Back

Hello!  I'm back from a month of training in the verdant (ha) Mojave Desert--NTC.  No really, it's the most barren place I've seen in my whole life.  The temperatures ranged from the 50s (late Semptember nights) to 115 (early September days)!  I learned some good things, and the Soldiers got some really good training in.  Overall, it was a good thing, but I'm so glad to be back.  Some highlights include:

*Getting upgraded to first class on our flight to California
*Doing the combat trauma lane, in a re-created Iraqi town, complete with real American Wounded Warriors (amputees from combat) and legit Iraqi local nationals
*Chemlight party for my Golden Birthday
*The Sustainer's Call/Post Oktoberfest, complete with the Senior leaders doing the chicken dance and sumo suits
*Spur of the moment trip to Vegas--just to see it for a few hours--glad I went, never plan on going back

I'm looking forward to just enjoying as much of the weekend as I can.  Tonight I'm cooking myself dinner and having my own spa night.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Will you be busy the next few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! Work is slowing down (supposedly), and most of my weekends for the next month are 3/4 days. Have anything in mind?

    ReplyDelete