For those of you who didn't get to read my last post, I started having pain in my foot about two weeks ago. I finally went to see the doctor this morning, and the diagnosis is not good. Plantar fasciitis. Since I'm assuming most of you don't know what that is, it's basically the fibers of your foot (that run from the heel to the toes and hold everything together) become inflamed. It's mostly just painful, although if you don't take care of it, they can rupture.
So part of me really wants to just say, screw it, I'm running. I love to run. I get a ridiculous sense of accomplishment from it. I get in the zone when I'm running, and as much as it sucks during, I feel GREAT after. But I know that I can only push my body so much until it craps out on me. So it really hurts, but I'm going to give it up for a whole month.
Also, this means my marathon is in serious jeopardy. It's only two months away, and I have to take a whole month off. That would mean I wouldn't have time to properly train up, assuming I'd even be recovered in a month. So I'm still clinging to some crazy hope that I can somehow make it, but realistically I know it's just not going to happen.
Honestly, I'm heartbroken. I have been SO excited about the marathon. It has been on my mind for months. So much of the time, it's all I can think about. But I really do know that God has a plan for everything that happens in my life. Just like the song, This is the Stuff by Francesca Battistelli, it might not be what I would choose, but this is the stuff {He} uses.
I LOVE that song! I heard it the other day and it was as if it were written just for me for that specific morning. And it gets stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
ReplyDeleteI know you're bummed about taking a month off and the bottom line is it stinks. Wallow in self-pity a bit, ha, because it will make you feel a little better and before you know it you will be back on your running feet!