Sunday, February 20, 2011

This Week

Is it just me or is time speeding up? Just me? Okay. Well, I still can't believe it's almost MARCH. This week was great. Short and sweet.

Last weekend was awesome--hanging out with friends and getting to know some newer ones much better. Monday (Valentines Day) I cooked dinner for three amazing women: Ashley, Nicole and Cindy. We had so much fun together, and it is a reminder of how God takes care of everyone, at every stage in their lives.

The week was a short one because of the four day weekend (thank you Presidents Day!). Thursday we had an LPD (Leadership Professional Development) at Fort Derussy, the US Army Hawaii Museum. Very neat!

Friday I ran some errands in town and hit up the Great Aloha Run (henceforth: GAR) Expo with my girl Paula. It was, in a word, underwhelming. Fortunately we made up for it by having dinner at Town. Oh so yummy! And it was great getting to catch up with Paula. Saturday I had my Navs leaders meeting, then me and Ashley hit up the Swap Meet, Dixie Grill (delicious food and legit SWEET TEA!), and the beach at Hickam. Yay for fun and sun!

Today I went to church then linked up with my nextdoor neighbors from home (in Virginia). I took them to Lani's Beach and Sunset Beach, and they introduced me to geocaching. (I found the cache! Wohoo.) We had lunch and Lui Bueno's, and it was really nice seeing them and catching up. I'm hoping they can convince my parents to come out and visit!!

So that was my week. Tomorrow is the GAR, which is fine, but I am NOT looking forward to getting up at 0230 for a race that starts at 0700. Gross but at least it's for a good cause. Then I imagine I'll spend the rest of the day sleeping. :) Alright, that's all for me. I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment